San Francisco based product design firm, Aer, is back at it again on Kickstarter. Having successfully funded their first two products, the Aer Duffel Pack and the Aer Fit Pack, they are now taking a swing at the jet setter’s wallet with a Kickstarter project for the Aer Travel Pack, which they proclaim to be the “ultimate carry-on backpack.” For those that travel frequently, you can appreciate the value in luggage that manages to thread the needle(s) of capacity, comfort, style, and size (read: does it actually fit in the overhead, or under the seat in front of me).
First, let’s take a look at the product itself:
Early product marketing states that it “meets the maximum carry-on limits for international and domestic travel”, which based on the available product shots, seems about right. It is meant to bridge the gap between that 2-3 day short trip and full blown “suitcase travel”.
At a retail price point of $220, but available to you today on Kickstarter for just $159, it also packs a bunch of excellent specialized storage capability:
How is the campaign doing?
Their goal is a modest $20,000, which equates to approximately 100 preordered units. With 17 days remaining, they are well ahead of that amount with $287,000 committed by backers. With a track record of successfully delivering product, and a strong start to this campaign, we’re optimistic that we’ll be seeing Aer Travel Packs in airports soon.
How Can I Get One?
Interested in being a backer? Head over to the Aer Travel Pack Kickstarter page.
Full Product Features/Specs
• 1680D ballistic nylon exterior
• Quick-access, suspended laptop pocket (fits up to 15.6” laptop)
• Lay-flat main compartment for spacious storage and easy packing
• Ventilated shoe compartment (fits up to men’s size 13 shoes)
• Quick-access top pocket for small valuables
• Multiple internal pockets for accessories
• Padded top and side handles for versatile carrying
• Zippered, expandable water bottle holder
• Padded mesh back panel for enhanced comfort and breathability
• Side compression straps for stability and security
• Optimized to meet international and domestic carry-on luggage size limits
• YKK zippers and Duraflex plastic hardware