Need to Know
- After a successful pilot, JCPenney is expanding its curbside pickup option “Style on the Go” to 50 more US locations.
- Its curbside launch is a part of a larger corporate overhaul strategy focusing on driving traffic and providing engaging customer shopping experiences, both online and in physical stores.
- To use Style on the Go, customers select “free same-day pickup” or “ship to store” when shopping online. Customers then pull up to reserved spots, call or send a text to a number posted, and a store associate brings the order to the customer’s car.
- The service will be available in 50 locations across California, Florida, Kentucky, New York, and more.
- There are approximately 850 JCPenney stores across the US.
In an effort to build online sales and enhance the customer experience, JCPenney is following the likes of Walmart and Target by rolling out increased curbside pickup options for select stores.
After a successful pilot, JCPenney is expanding “Style on the Go” to 50 more of its locations across the US. The curbside pickup program is part of the retailer’s larger “Plan for Renewal” that focuses on driving traffic, closing the gap between offline and online sales, and providing seamless customer experiences.
“As we continue to put our customers at the heart of everything we do, we continue to create engaging experiences across all touchpoints,” said Jim DePaul, EVP of stores for JCPenney.
“Whether they’re shopping online at our flagship store, jcp.com, or through our app, we’re helping our customers live life their way through this convenient service. We continue to make shopping at our stores even more convenient as we adapt to our customers’ needs so they can shop when, where, and how they want,” he said.
Click and collect services are growing in popularity for omnichannel retailers as they struggle to compete with online natives. Target recently launched Drive Up, an order-ahead, in-store pickup service. Drive Up is only part of Target’s accelerated omnichannel strategy, and the retailer is already seeing success in the form of digital sales growing 31%.
“Style on the Go” will be available in 50 new locations across the U.S, including stores in California, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and West Virginia.