Digital Magazine / Konrad is currently accepting applications for the full-time/permanent role of Content Specialist.
ABOUT DIGITAL MAGAZINE
Digital Magazine is the authority on digital innovation, transformation and how it changes our world. Founded nearly two decades ago, Digital aims to highlight the best ideas, brands, and individuals who aspire to make a better future through our thought-provoking storytelling and thought leadership. Digital Magazine is a Konrad Company.
Konrad is a next-generation digital consultancy and innovation firm that serves a world-class client base spanning finance, retail, MedTech and more. We are dedicated to solving complex business problems for our global clients with creative and forward-thinking solutions. Our employees enjoy a culture built on innovation and a commitment to creating best-in-class digital products in use by hundreds of millions of consumers around the world. We hire exceptionally smart, analytical, and hard-working people who are lifelong learners.
Konrad/Digital Magazine is seeking a content specialist who has a pulse on the global technology scene. You have a successful career in digital content creation including news, features, blogs, copywriting, and social media. You have managed editorial teams including writers and photographers and are confident when given new challenges. You have experience working in a digital news environment where content quality is equally as important as distribution.
You have experience creating, maintaining and executing a demanding content calendar. You are able to work directly with clients to brainstorm ideas and concepts in real-time that both meet the client’s needs while maintaining the integrity of the publication.
The Content Specialist reports directly to the Editor, Digital Magazine and Director of Brand, Konrad.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing long-form feature stories
- Conduct interviews with high-profile individuals.
- Pitch story ideas for both editorial news and features.
- Assign stories, edit copy, write headlines, source and format photos/video to the site’s technical requirements
- Turn around top quality content within short timelines.
- Distribute content across social media channels.
- Executing sponsored content engagements including ideation, execution, revision, and reporting.
- Assist with other content activities such as copywriting, press releases, blog posts, newsletters and more.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field.
- At least 5 of experience in Journalism, Copywriting, Marketing Communications, or Public Relations, preferably with technology, business, or related content at a digital media publication.
- Strong writing and grammar skills and the ability to enforce the site’s style and formatting guidelines.
- An understanding of what makes content compelling and shareable.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO, web and social media analytics.
- Experience with content discovery and social monitoring platforms.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of a growing company.
- Photography and Photoshop experience is considered an asset, though not a requirement.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently.
- A love of learning.
- A proven work ethic and desire to excel and succeed.
- A desire for constant self-improvement.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Excellent Vacation Policy
- Flexible Working Hours
- New Device Allowance
- RRSP Program
- Parental Leave Program
- Socials, Outings + Retreats
- Learning + Skill Development
- Health Benefits
- Stocked Kitchens + Lounges
- Sports Teams + Clubs
- Service Recognition Programs
- Weekly Team Meals
Konrad is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.