The 2017 Fundica Roadshow has concluded.
This year, the nationwide pitch competition saw more than 450 applications across 10 cities. 150 startups were graded based on a range of criteria, including market potential, team quality, and investment readiness.
Now there are 12 finalists vying for a $1,000,000 investment award. Below are the lucky dozen.
- thisopenspace (Vancouver): Platform to make it easy for any brand to access any space, anywhere, for an hour to a few months.
- Certn (Victoria): The new standard in risk management for property managers and credit issuers.
- Nobal Technologies (Calgary): In-store experiences that allow customers to receive a tailored service.
- Quote Kong (Toronto): Quoting process automation for contractors.
- Lexop (Montreal): Online platform providing features that let you send, track and manage all your documents electronic delivery.
- FLODocs (Toronto): Automated change management and compliance software for cloud platforms.
- reDock (Montreal): RFP responses through artificial intelligence and user interaction.
- UGRAN Drive Safe (Ottawa): Smartphone Telematics Driving Technology to enable drivers to be safer.
- Bartesian (Waterloo): Bar-quality cocktails on demand, providing an effortless way to enjoy and serve premium cocktails at home.
- GreyLitMatters (Halifax): Peer review process for grey literature by storing and sharing unpolished non-peer reviewed research.
- OneFeather (Victoria Wildcard Winner): Election services to Canadian First Nations through online platform.
- Vini (Calgary Wildcard Winner): SaaS software that modernizes wine selling and buying.
“We are very pleased to have completed the 10 stops leading up to the 2017 Finale, where we will be announcing the $1,000,000 Investment Award Winner,” said Xavier Freeman, Head of Partnerships and Marketing at Fundica, “We are confident that our Finale will bring tremendous opportunities for entrepreneurs, investors and funders to share their passion for technology and innovation.”
The finale takes place on June 23.