Techvibes recognizes and honours these people and their companies through the Canadian Startup Awards, now in its fifth year.
The awards are spread across five categories, which each have three to six finalists.
Let’s get nominating. Here are this year’s categories.
- Startup of the Year: Recognizing a Canadian startup for its outstanding accomplishments.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Recognizing the outstanding accomplishments of an exemplary Canadian entrepreneur.
- Employer of the Year: Recognizing the best Canadian technology employer.
- Venture Capital Firm of the Year: Recognizing the Canadian venture capitalist who made the most significant impact.
- Angel Investor of the Year: Recognizing the Canadian angel investor who made the most significant impact.
Last year’s Canadian Startup Award winners were Varage Sale, Stewart Butterfield, Shopify, OMERS Ventures, and Dan Debow.
Nominations and applications are now open and close at midnight on Thursday, December 31.
Finalist voting begins on Monday, January 4 for two weeks until Sunday, January 17.
Winners will be announced on Monday, January 18.