The startup selection committee selected Calgary’s top information-communication technology startups based on the traction they had achieved in the past two years or less.
The 2015 Semi-Finalist startups are:
- Beep for Service, an Opentable equivalent in the automotive service industry.
- CI2, telecom experts providing online analytics to businesses, in order to manage and reduce telecom costs.
- DayCareIQ, helping pair parents with the perfect child care centre.
- Enthrill, a device agnostic delivery software that enables brick and mortar retailers to participate in the selling of ebooks.
- FREDSense Technologies, building biosensors to revolutionize water quality monitoring.
- InciteInvite, which streamlines the task of managing sporting events through a system of text message invitations, reminders, and real time updates.
- Interface Fluidics studies fluid flow at the micro-scale to inform industry on how to optimize key processes.
- Mindful Mental Training, a social enterprise that aims to reduce the cost of stress and depression through its online mindfulness program
- NewHomeListingService, an online portal similar to the existing MLS for marketing new house and condo duilder products only controlled by builders.
- PocketHomes, putting information, power and confidence in the home buyer’s pocket.
- RCKTSHP, a project marketplace that makes it easy for small business to articulate, price and get tasks done for web, marketing and design.
- Slate Scale, the world’s first portable smart scale for nutrition.
- Smart Mat, The SmartMat Service was engineered to reduce costs, limit liabilities and improve decision making for the access matting industry.
- SpikeBee, an online platform to help parents search, select and book camp and class activities & help businesses promote their camps.
- TikTiks, a mobile marketplace on iOS and Android that allows sports fans to buy and sell tickets from their phone.
- WavveStream, patented technologies that enhance contaminant removal capabilities for existing water filtration systems.
- Zayfti, software that simplifies paperwork, tracks important items and creates accountability by reporting the results.
Semi-Finalists will pitch at an invite-only Pitch Night on Thursday, October 29 to win their spot to showcase at Launch Party on Thursday, November 19.