Canada’s premiere founder development program for young entrepreneurs is hitting the streets in search of its 2016 cohort.
Students and recent grads will have an opportunity to hear from alumni, senior leadership and mentors of The Next 36 at campuses and startup hubs across the country, including Shopify, Thalmic Labs and Montreal’s La Gare.
With 15 sessions currently scheduled, there will be lots of opportunity for potential applicants from all academic backgrounds to ask questions and network in advance of the October 20 deadline.
Members of The Next 36 network at events will include the founders of Thalmic Labs, Nymi, Kira Talent, BusBud, SeamlessMD, Bridgit, Revlo, Volley and many more.
Those already familiar with the program will notice a number of changes for 2016, intended to attract the growing number of student entrepreneurs who are already creating companies. This year, all successful applicants will choose their own co-founders and will have the option of bringing in an existing idea/venture or building a company from the ground up.
National Campus Tour stops include:
- September 16 & 17 – Montreal at La Gare and McGill University
- September 21 & 22 – Vancouver at Simon Fraser University and University of British Columbia
- September 23 – Hamilton at McMaster University
- September 24 – Kingston at Queen’s University
- September 29 – London at Western University
- October 1 – Toronto at Shopify
- October 2 – Halifax at Dalhousie University
- October 6 – Waterloo at Thalmic Labs
- October 7 – Edmonton at University of Alberta
- October 8 – Calgary at University of Calgary
- October 15 – Toronto at University of Toronto
Full event listing and registration details are available at www.thenext36.ca.