When it comes to startups, there are no guarantees. As such, they can be a hard thing to give advice on.
Every founder has his or her take, but often what worked for them won’t work for the next guy. Still, some general wisdom remains universally applicable.
In social platform Yconic’s report on startups, they offer 10 words of wisdom for would-be entrepreneurs. We share five of our favourites below.
1. “Do not feel absolutely certain of anything.”
2. “Never try to discourage thinking.”
3. “Have no respect for the authority of others, for there are always contrary authorities to be found.”
4. “Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.”
5. “Be scrupulously truthful, even if the truth is inconvenient, for it is more inconvenient when you try to conceal it.”