The Canadian Technology Accelerator initiatives in the US, run by the Canadian government’s Trade Commissioner Service, are looking for Canadian tech SMEs that are revenue-generating, have a technology product or service in place, and are ready to grow their businesses in the United States.
The CTA helps Canadian tech companies with support including mentorship, help with market pitches, workshops, and networking opportunities.
Application deadlines are approaching for fall CTA sessions.
- CTA New York (Digital Tech including Ad Tech, FinTech, SaaS, Big Data, and eCommerce, Content platforms) – Apply by May 31.
- CTA Boston (ICT & Life Sciences including Green IT and Health IT, Robotics and Security, Emerging Food Product Sectors) – Apply by June 11.
- CTA Silicon Valley (ICT including Gaming, Mobile, Applications, Media) – Apply by June 26.
- CTA San Francisco (Hardware, Software, Wireless/Mobile Solutions and Connected Cars) – Apply by June 26.
- CTA Boston (ICT & Life Sciences including Green IT and Health IT, Robotics and Security, Emerging Food Product Sectors) — Apply by June 11.
- CTA Philadelphia (Health IT including eHealth and mHealth) – Apply by July 17.
- CTA San Francisco (Biopharma, Health IT, Medical Devices and Imaging) – Apply by Aug 31.
- CTA CleanTech (a Virtual program run by CTA New York and CTA Silicon Valley) – Apply by May 29.
- CTA Denver (Clean technologies, renewal energy and energy efficiency) – Apply by May 31.
The four-month in-market programs help established SMEs (small to medium-sized companies) that are revenue generating, have a technology product or service ready to scale internationally, and a solid business strategy for growing their market base through client acquisition, developing partnerships, or raising capital.
Companies select locations based on their target markets. More than 350 companies have taken part in the CTA initiative since 2009.